The sole reason for being a personal trainer is because I love it! I want to help you get fitter, feel better through endorphins and increased self esteem, and learn to love exercising and moving your body! These Terms and Conditions detail mostly common sense and courteous behaviour. If you have any questions at all, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this document, “the personal trainer” refers to Dr Lucy Slocum.
In this document, a “training session” refers to the hour that the personal trainer instructs the client how to exercise.
In this document, “the client” refers to the person that will be participating in the exercise workouts.
In this document, “the website” refers to http://www.lucyyourpt.com.
In this document, “the user” refers to anyone viewing the website.
In this document, a “late cancel” refers to a client cancelling the session less than 24 hours before the training session is due to start.
In this document, a “no show” refers to when a client does not attend a training session within the first ten minutes of the training session’s start time AND does not inform the personal trainer of a delay in attending the training session.
In this document, a “package” refers to a defined number of multiple training sessions bought simultaneously with one payment by the client.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- In the event of a late cancel, the client forfeits the payment for that training session.
- In the event of a no show the training session will be cancelled and payment for that session forfeited.
- In the event of three (3) “no shows” by a client within a six (6) consecutive months, the execution of any remaining training sessions within a package and payment of any remaining training sessions are both forfeited.
- All training sessions must be used within six (6) months of purchase. Any training sessions not used within six (6) months of purchase will not be refunded and deemed void.
- All sessions must be paid at least 24 hours in advance of the training session. Failure to do so may result in the personal trainer cancelling the agreed training session.
- All training sessions are one hour in duration.
- All training sessions will end on time, regardless of whether the client was late to the session.
- In the case of the director falling ill or being unable to instruct a training session, the training session will be cancelled and re-arranged.
- The client must at all times behave in a reasonable manner, and refrain from using any equipment in a way that is inconsistent with its intended design or purpose.
- The client agrees that if, at any time, the personal trainer perceives the client’s behaviour as inappropriate, intimidating, aggressive, or harassing, all future training sessions and payment of the rest of the package are forfeited.
- The client expressly agrees to indemnify and hold the personal trainer harmless against any and all claims, demands and damages of any person or entity that may arise from injuries and damages sustained by the client during the training session.
- The client understands and acknowledges that the use of exercise equipment involves the risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death.
- If the client feels unwell at any time during the training session, they will inform the personal trainer immediately.
- The client understands that both the personal trainer and The Lodestar Clinic Ltd, are not responsible for property of the client or the property of any guest of the client during a training session.
- The client understands that both the personal trainer and The Lodestar Clinic Ltd, are not liable for any loss, theft or damage of any property of the client or the property of any guest of the client.
- The client acknowledges and agrees that any photos or videos taken during a training session, will be stored using appropriate measures and can be used for promotional advertising of the company, unless the client explicitly requests them not to. Requests for photos or videos of the client not to be used for promotional advertising or publication of any kind can be done verbally between the client and personal trainer or written via email to email@example.com. The personal trainer must abide by the wishes of the client. The client has the right to withdraw their consent for the use of their photos or videos to be used in promotional advertising or publication at any time.
- Data obtained via the Client Form is stored using appropriate measures. All data regarding the health conditions of a client are confidential between the client and the personal trainer, unless the client is critically ill. In the event of the client being critically ill, this information will be passed to the attending medical professionals so that it may aid the medical treatment of the client.
- Data obtained via the Client Form is used solely for the purpose of tailoring the training sessions to the client. The data obtained via the Client Form helps the personal trainer to design training sessions which limit aggravation of previous injuries, rehabilitate a client, exclude certain exercises which might exacerbate chronic conditions and alleviate some musculoskeletal and neurological disorders.
- Generic anonymised data of a client (such as date of birth) may be used to improve future advertising of the company.
- The personal data of the client is stored using appropriate measures and is used by the company to help improve the service provided, benefit the client and inform the client of offers and discounts to the service.
- The personal data of the client is never sold or rented out to any third party companies.
These Terms and Conditions were published on 25th May 2018, and were last updated on 27th June 2018.